When hiring an appraiser, what types of questions should I ask?
The following questions would be appropriate:
- Are you licensed or certified in the state in which you live?
- What professional designations do you have and from what groups?
- How long have you been in practice?
- What level of experience do you have in this particular market and with this type of property?
- Are you familiar with property in this neighborhood?
- What types of clients have you had (homeowners, estates, lenders, relocation companies)?
The information provided above was acquired from the Appraisal Institute website ) and should not be construed as a production of this appraisal office.